Inherited Disorders of Metabolism
- Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)
- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathy, lactic acidosis, and strokelike episodes (MELAS)
- Myoclonic epilepsy with ragged-red fibers (MERRF)
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome and chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO)
- Neurogenic muscle atrophy and retinitis pigmentosa (NARP) and Leigh disease
Also of Interest
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is defined by ≥ 5 × 104 colonies/mL in a catheterized urine specimen or, in older children, by repeated voided specimens with ≥ 105 colonies/mL. In children, which of the following are particularly likely to result in recurrent UTIs?