Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas. It is produced from burning substances.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is sickness from breathing in too much carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide can hurt you because it prevents oxygen in your blood from reaching your cells.
People who breathe in too much carbon monoxide can die.
If you think you may be breathing in carbon monoxide, move outside to fresh air right away, and call for emergency medical assistance (911 in most areas of the United States).
The first symptoms are:
Later, or with more severe carbon monoxide poisoning, you may
Severe poisoning can kill you.